Peach wine not clearing 4 months old

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My peach was started from local fruit last august... i bottled it the second saturday in April... i did have to bentonite it in January... it had just a hint of a cloudiness to it.. but after a month it cleared and was very very clear..By the way it tastes awesome.. i will try 20 gallons of peach this year.... each 5 gallon batch with a hint of something else?? Good luck with yours..

Ive heard that Sparkaloid is the fining agent of choice with this. I ised superlleer on mine and it didnt work that great but filtering even though it was cloudy worked wonders!

Lloyd, I also use Sparkaloid to clear Peach Wine that won't clear on it's own. Last year I had 1-5gal. carboy out of 3 that just wouldn't clear after 9 mo. on it's own, the Sparkaloid did the trick. Hope it's works for you too. Roy

Me, too. Sparkolloid for the peach.

Lloyd, I added peach extract to mine as well as some mango extract---because that's what my daughter wanted. It turned out to be one of my best.

thanks Guys I appreciate the info . By the way does any one know if it is starch pectin or something else that makes peach so hard to clear?

the kieselsol and chitosan seemed to do the best job the sparkolloid is taking a little longer but it is bulk aging and becoming quite clear. thanks to all for the help:h

Back