Peach Wine Making Instructions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 18523

Reaction score
All,
I need your help. My wife went peach picking in NJ today and to quote "got caught up in the moment" and ended up with about 40 pounds of peaches. As no normal human can consume that much before they go bad, I decided that I would try making about a gallon of peach wine. Does anyone have a start to finish recipe and instructions for making peach wine? I would be most appreciative. I normally make kit wine so am not used to the different ingredients I need to add. (yeast types, enzymes, pectin, etc) Thanks and hope to hear from you,
Rich

1 Gallon

12-15lbs of peaches
Sugar to 1.085
TA no higher than .65
Few pounds of bananas or golden raisins for body

Cote des Blanc yeast
Pectic Enzyme
Yeast Nutrient
Yeast Energizer
Potassium Metabisulfite (K-meta)
Potassium Sorbate

Quarter, destone & freeze the peaches until completely frozen. Thaw out & mash the peaches, and place them in a straining bag. Add pectic enzyme inside the straining bag & tie/knot it closed, tightly. Add the bag of pulp to the juice that came out during mashing/pressing. Let it sit for 12 hours, then add Potassium Metabisulfite / Campden tablets (1/4tsp per 6 gallons / 1 tab per gallon). After another 12 hours, add Yeast Nutrient, Yeast Energizer & Yeast (preferably in the form of a Yeast Starter).

Ferment out to .990-1.010, & rack into secondary. Allow roughly 3 weeks to drop the first sediment, & rack. I degas at about this time, so in another 3 weeks i can rack off most of the rest of the sediment. Stabilize (K-meta & Sorbate) & F-Pack if needed. Allow it to clear, and bulk age for 9-12 months. Bottle & allow 30 days to recover from bottle shock before opening.

Hell 40# is good for 5 gallon and a f-pac. Why wast your time for 4 bottles. It will take close to 6 months before bottling. Thats why we suggest 3-6 gal MIN.

Tom,
Can't use all of her peaches - figure I can squeeze out a gallon and see if I like it. Then try in bulk next year. Also, if anyone has any suggestions on how to make an f-pack, that would be great too..

How did this wine come out? I got a bunch of peaches and I think I"m going to try a 1 gallon batch to see how I like it.

Mine comes out great!
I just bottled 18 gallons from peaches I got last Summer.

The wine makers handbook I have (purple book) does not use yeast nutrient. Im sure there are a few variances to recipes though.

Latest posts

Back