Peach Question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcamnl

Reaction score
The business I am in has me working at different storage facilities around the country. (Cold Storage and Controlled Atmosphere) Some of them are local and we get to know the operators pretty well. I was at one place today updating their control system and they are packaging peaches. Man they look good. I was talking with the guy that runs the storage and told him about a peach wine recipe I have. Knowing I was going to be back in a couple of days he told me he would "hook me up with a bushel or two". Nice!
My problem is...... I can't do anything with them right away. I have a pretty good travel schedule coming up. Will cutting them up and freezing them be ok for a while? I would hate to pass these up.

Surely cut them up, destome them and while your cutting them up sorinkle them with lemon juice or ascorbic acid to prevent browning of the fruit.

i have learned here, in this forum, that freezing first is BEST for fruits you are going to make wine with...it helps to breakdown the fibers.

Surely cut them up, destome them and while your cutting them up sorinkle them with lemon juice or ascorbic acid to prevent browning of the fruit.

Even when you freeze the peaches you need to add absorbic acid? Is it alright if i didn't?

I can still add it to the must when i am done juicing the peaches.

Last edited:
I've got 31 lbs of peaches waiting in the freezer. I use a little bit of lemon juice while I quarter them.

Latest posts

Back