Peach Prices - ?? Or other Fruits from Orchards/Stands

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooter68

Fruit "Wine" Maker
Reaction score
So anyone bought peaches for wine or eating yet this year. Prices of course keep climbing.

This year (today) I bought 50lbs for $44.00 (2 x 1/2 bushel boxes) of over-ripe & bruised peaches at our local Peach orchard here in NW Arkansas (Vanzandt Orchards)

Now the fun of de-stoning and cutting them up to freeze while we go out of town for a couple of weeks.

Last year they had ZERO peaches due to late freeze. BUT they did have some apple juice pressed from their apples without additives or pasteurizing. Made into some great Apple wine that I just bottled about a week ago.

Any reports on fruit stand prices???

Peaches are less expensive in the produce section than that per pound price? All summer long!
Krogers and Walmart where we shop they are ~ 25 cents per pound less than you paid. I do like AR,MO & some southern peaches better than California peaches which are typically the kind that ship well. I also like main season peaches flavor wise over the mid summer kinds as more flavorful. Peaches are "manna" from heaven fruit!
When I was much younger in my native KS and a supermarket guy, peaches and most fruits and veggies were far more seasonal. We featured AR & MO peaches by the bushel during canning season in KS. freestones are my personal favorites and by far. MI peaches are VG too. I've bough boxes of them at truck stops /gas stations off I-75 on the cheap in MI, also cherries and blue berries.

Prices depend on where you live. Locally I'm seeing prices well over a dollar a pound in fact currently $2.13/lb at our local Walmart.
Plus I know these are fresh and where they came from.

Latest posts

Back