Peach Nectar

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daht

Junior
Reaction score
Hi...this time DH wants to make peach wine using peach nectar instead of fresh peaches.

He has 2 quarts of the peach nectar, and would like to know what else would he need to make 5 gallons. I didn't come across any recipes using nectar, so if anyone has one or has any suggestions, or can point me in the right direction, plmk.
smiley1.gif

I 'm not sure that is enough to make 5 gallons out of, maybe 3 would be more along the lines of that.

Is the peach nectar like concentrated peach juice? Or is it just peach juice (unconcentrated)? I'd first take a specific gravity reading and check the TA. Get your acid to balance somewhere around 0.55 - 0.65 (if the 2 quarts has a higher amount of acid, add water; if it is below this, add acid blend). Once your acid is balanced, check your SG again and add sugar to bring it up to around 1.080. Then make some wine.

Thanks for the answers!

(the peach nectar has sugar in it,but no preservatives. it's ready to drink...like buying a can of apricot nectar at the grocery store...except it's natural w/o all the added chemicals.)

daht,

Peach wine is one of my favorites! Use as much of the nectar as you can to stay within TA and SG. I've found that you loose a lot of peach flavor during fermentation so more is better, but balance is key!

Can you use peach nectar to make a F-Pac to be added after fermentation? My peach wine is very dry after fermentation.

Latest posts

Back