Peach Haze

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoachPieps

Cellar Rat
Reaction score
I have a peach wine, that is hazey or cloudly, it is six months old, I have tried Bentonite and racked several times. I would like to try some pectic enzyme at this point, can I and how much should I add per gallon?

If you still have haze its probably pectic haze. Did you use pectic enzyme in the primary?
Normal dosage is 1/2 tsp pre gal. I would bump it up to 1 tsp per gal and see what happens.

I agree with Tom, If that doesnt work try SuperKleer KC. or if you have a fridge and the room to soare try sticking it in there for a few weeks as colder temps can sometimes help clear a wine naturally.

Thanks Guys, I used 1/2 tsp per gallon at the start, I will try 1/2 tsp per gallon now and see how it goes......

Th good thing is that you used the bentonite as that will rid the wine of any protein haze so that is eliminated.

Some extra pectic enzyme when making anything like Peach or Apple is a good idea and it settles out so dont worry about that. Glad your problem is clearing up!

Once I didn't have any PE when I started.

I added it after I transfered it to the carboy and it broke down nice.

Remember. Pectin E is useless during an active fermentation.

I wouldnt say the pectic enzyme is useless during a fermentation at all. I highly dounght that it does all it can do in the 24 hours before adding yeast!

Latest posts

Back