Peach DB?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lccmo

Reaction score
I was at the wine supply store and bought a can of peach juice, Im guessing essentially whats used in a kit wine. Im wondering if anyone has ever used this in a dragon blood recipe inplace of the mixed fruit, and if so is there anything that needs to be added?

I really can't help with solid knowledge but my bet is that it would be wonderful. I made 5 gallons of SP with about 7 cans on welches white grape and peach concentrate. I used two cans for backsweetening. I really wish I had used simple syrup but it is good never the less.

I think it is more often used by beer makers than wine makers but since folks make wine from stuff like Welch's grape juice I don't see why it couldn't be used to make a DB variation. How much juice is it? Can you find out what its equivalent would be in pounds of peaches?

By the way my last variation of DB was done with 14 pounds of peaches in place of the 6 pounds of mixed berries. Came out pretty decent.

Peach is one of those "hard to achieve" flavors. That's why Bill used so much fruit in his version. I'm not sure how much good peachy wine you could make from one can (96oz, I presume) of peach juice. I haven't tried a peach only version for that very reason.

Latest posts

Back