Vineco Passport Viognier Roussanne Marsanne

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottled mine on June 12; didn’t tweak anything (for a change). It’s briiliant! Utterly divine with seared scallops and, perhaps surprisingly, with a Thai coconut shrimp curry. Wonderful flavour, and slightly drier than I expected, though none the worse for it. Will be a crowd pleaser for sure.
How long did you bulk age prior to bottling? Mine is in the carboy now.

Bottled mine today, started 8/17/18, finished 9/1/18 at .992 SG. Didn't tweak anything either. Cleared and aged briefly (almost two months) until today and it is awesome! Smooth, mellow, no bite, lovely fragrance. I would never drink such early wines, but had the "dregs" bottle (last one out of the carboy) as a treat. It's wonderful. I can't wait until it ages. I'll make this again if it is available. Cheers!

Bottled mine today, started 8/17/18, finished 9/1/18 at .992 SG. Didn't tweak anything either. Cleared and aged briefly (almost two months) until today and it is awesome! Smooth, mellow, no bite, lovely fragrance. I would never drink such early wines, but had the "dregs" bottle (last one out of the carboy) as a treat. It's wonderful. I can't wait until it ages. I'll make this again if it is available. Cheers!

I remember it had a small f-pack. Did you add after?

I agree, this wine is very nice.

I remember it had a small f-pack. Did you add after?

I agree, this wine is very nice.
Yes, I did add the f-pack after. I think this gave it a slightly off dry taste, not sweet, but with an added dimension, but definitely not as dry as my other whites. I was hesitant to add it, but everything I read said it was not sweet...just off dry.

This is the only kit I didn't add notes after it finished fermentation at 0.994, but something tells me it ended at 0.999 after the f-pack, yes it is a nice balance.

This is the only kit I didn't add notes after it finished fermentation at 0.994, but something tells me it ended at 0.999 after the f-pack, yes it is a nice balance.
It seems I didn't measure after the f-Pak either, and now I am curious. I ended fermentation at .992, which is very dry. I am going to take a SG reading when I open a bottle and update this post.

Varis, in the name of science, I "sacrificed" a split of the Voigner and measured the SG, which was at .9985. Good to note that .999 is as sweet as I would ever want any dry white. Cheers!

Sorry for the late reply—-I bulk aged for a couple of weeks only. Needed to free up a carboy. It’s getting better and better. Really happy with it.
Thank you! I've bottled mine, it was in the carboy seven weeks after finishing. It was very good at bottling, I'm very happy with it.

Latest posts

Back