Passion Fruit Time

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlamingoEmporium

Reaction score
16C0411A-35C9-4F3C-8CBC-119BC87AEE23.jpegFAC7BFE7-16AE-42D7-AF26-382E7C70A316.jpeg
Well I have enough frozen and fresh passion fruit to start a one gallon batch. This recipe was one of my first and best tasting wines. Added a bit of frozen mango to this batch and will ferment it to a dry wine. Think I’m going to use D47 in this one

I’m planning on adding a little fresh juice as well after it sits a while in secondary.

10 days in and it’s starting to clear now. Another 10 days or so I’ll rack and add a little fresh passion fruit juice and let it go for a while.

It’s one of my favorite fruits when acquired fresh. When visiting Hawaii we gorged on them. Wine looks amazing! Good luck with it.

I made some out of the Pindo fruit from our tree, it fermented DRY. I'm going to use it experimentally with a Sav. Blanc
I had to look that one up. We have tons of palms with similar fruit and they can be used for jams etc but I don’t know if I’ve seen a pindo. I guess it’s called a wine palm in some areas.

First racking. Original SG 1.102. Now it’s .990. That’s 15. something !
Didn’t taste as powerfully strong as SG indicates which is good. It lost most of its fruit taste unfortunately. I added about 1 1/2 oz of fresh passion juice (all the fruit I had available. New blossoms setting now) This one will definitely need a bit of backsweetening. just enough to give it a little flavor.

Back