Passenger with ZERO flight experience lands plane – Watch the video!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's awesome! I took an introductory flight lesson many years ago. The instructor told me she'd get the plane in the air, let me take over until we were on final, then she would land the plane. She never took the controls back and it about scared me to death. After we were on the ground and taxied back to our spot, she calmly said "You were doing fine, so I didn't feel the need to take over.". I said "Wish you'd told me that when we were at about 500 feet!".

That's awesome! I took an introductory flight lesson many years ago. The instructor told me she'd get the plane in the air, let me take over until we were on final, then she would land the plane. She never took the controls back and it about scared me to death. After we were on the ground and taxied back to our spot, she calmly said "You were doing fine, so I didn't feel the need to take over.". I said "Wish you'd told me that when we were at about 500 feet!".

LOL, was talking with a pilot friend about this story when he told me one of the first things his instructor told him was, "Always remember that takeoff is optional, but landing is mandatory." 🤣 Yep, one way or another, you ARE going to land!

Nice job Jim! Did you ever get back in the air to fly (not as a passenger)?

Never did. I had been into skydiving several years before that but got away from that and decided to try something else 'in the air'. Once I figured out the time and money involved in getting a pilot's license, and what I might actually do with one, I figured it probably wasn't worth it. I really enjoyed it though.

Never did. I had been into skydiving several years before that but got away from that and decided to try something else 'in the air'. Once I figured out the time and money involved in getting a pilot's license, and what I might actually do with one, I figured it probably wasn't worth it. I really enjoyed it though.

I live near a small airport. The money involved is considerable. Saturdays, we'll see a small plane go by. 15 minutes later, it goes by again. And again, Etc. Some city doctor or lawyer flying circles to get his hours in on a leased plane. A friend who was a pilot for years finally gave it up due to the costs.

For many years I was a flight paramedic on a helicopter and absolutely loved it. We learned a lot about how to fly. Now my son is a pilot and instructor and is looking to fly commercially. Absolutely loves it too. I’m living a bit vicariously through him… doing it on your own though… @jswordy is right… the costs are astronomical…

For many years I was a flight paramedic on a helicopter and absolutely loved it. We learned a lot about how to fly. Now my son is a pilot and instructor and is looking to fly commercially. Absolutely loves it too. I’m living a bit vicariously through him… doing it on your own though… @jswordy is right… the costs are astronomical…

THAT'S how ya get your hours in ... Ya get PAID for them! 👍

Latest posts

Back