Parsnip wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im sure you will soon turn Leanne to be a country gal, making home made wine & smoking fish, pork & chicken smelling of old smoked wood chips, your home will smell beautifull in amongst all the pine trees, thats what the back of my house smells like apart from the pine trees, ive just got the sea air blowing at my back door.

And the sea wind will always blow through my soul. My father was a submariner and when his time came I was sure to have had him put to rest amongst the same winds that we know. The US Navy helped me get him one last ride on a submarine. The USS Alabama. His brother, and my Grandfather were all sailors. Me, I ended up out there too!

I have been out in some of the worse conditions imaginable. I know you my friend, have felt that fear through the solace that we speak. But as a sailor we don't watch the horizon, we watch the stars, it is they that will lead us home.

Leanne has always seen those same stars. They will never leave there place. Here we will reach out together and grab the Aurora Borealis, and we will remember all those who came before us and looked at those same stars, and together we will think of everyone who looked up and wished to touch then just once.

Last edited:
Im sure you will soon turn Leanne to be a country gal, making home made wine & smoking fish, pork & chicken smelling of old smoked wood chips, your home will smell beautifull in amongst all the pine trees, thats what the back of my house smells like apart from the pine trees, ive just got the sea air blowing at my back door.

That's how my house smells here in little old Milton Keynes. It's lovely. I make my own bread too so there are always lovely aromas around.

No, leave the sediment behind. A little won't do any harm but leave as much as you can.
Do you want me to pop up the road and feed nemo? LOL.

Dont know how i missed your post Leanne, Arcticsid was saying maybe just to start again as not much out lay wasted so i might do that and then i should have the proper equipment & yeast as it was bread yeast i used before., hopefully the equipment will be with me by next weekend i will order it on Sunday & hopefully crew change & home on Wednesday :h as for Nemo, the key is still stuck in the lock so i'm afraid you would have to brake the door down, i'm sure the fish will be fine (they will feed a bit on the algea) just a bit peckish & i'm sure it would be at least 8hr & a 2 1/2hr ferry to get there anyway, but Thanks all the same. :)

Hmmm, I'll have words with Troy (arcticsid). I don't give up on a wine that easily. If nothing else it is a learning experience.
I used to keep fish myself. Such a relaxing hobby. I'd end up watching them rather than than the telly.:h

leanne, maybe you could get with Seth and be the first to try that milk(keifer) concotion he has brewing. I already told him he may be alone in being the first to try it!!LOL

All I said to Ewan, I don't think its worth messing with he is way smarter now and could easily start something before he heads back out again. . And with his new knowledge it can do its thing while he is out working.

I am already preparing myself to approach my wine in a different light. I have a feeling come July 1st, my techniques will be "yanked" from the table.

Most of the fellas say the woman yells at them for making wine, I will need to get used to you telling me HOW to make it! Geez, I should have never told you where I lived! LOL

Home now, no mess in the garage & A 30 bottle kit No 5 (with all i will need, excluding the kitchen sink) Arrived the day after i came home so will put the bottles into the fermentation bin & see what happens as there are still small bubbles rising in the bottles along with sediment at the bottom of them & its still a bit cloudy. i decided to buy a kit as i thought it would be easyier to clean & easyer to add stuff to the wine than use the carboys, ok i maybe wrong. I just have to put on my diving suit & open the bottles to put into the tubs as when i do open the bottles i think there will be a wee bit of froth coming out of them :) :e just better watch encase the nabours are watching.

You can't make wine and bottle it after a few days. It needs to sit in a carboy or other fermentation vessel for at least a month or more until it stops working. I would get it out of the bottles before they explode!

Back