paklab plastic carboy?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

askins3097

Reaction score
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002VFRABY/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Anyone try these? I did a search and couldn't find much about them. $22 shipped is pretty cheap for a 6 gallon carboy, plastic or not. I ended up coming up with a couple bushels of peaches for dirt cheap, as well as some watermelons a few weeks ago that I fermented. These were all unexpected so I'm going to be short on 6 gallon carboys for juice buckets this fall. Curious to hear if you guys think these would be worth the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
These look like some carboys that I have used, especially if they were made by Wedco. Didn't think these were being made any more.

If I recall rightly, they need a #7.5 or #8 bung (or the one shown by Amazon). They would stain when used with red wine, but cleaned up OK if soaked with Diversol (aka pink powder). Otherwise the same problems as a Better Bottle. Not clear like a Better Bottle.

Steve

Like Steve said I think the biggest issue is not being clear. Will you be able to see the sediment or if your wineis clear. That is the same company that was selling glass carboys very reasonable with free shipping. You just have to keep checking. I think they would work ok as secondaries for you but after that I would want something clear. Plus you need to be careful in handling these and you cannot use a vacuum on them.

The not being clear part is what bothers me. I might order one or two as a secondary. This is the cheapest option I have found for 6 gallon carboys in my area at least. I wish I would of jumped on the 28 dollar deal (apprx.) for glass 6 g's shipped, they had running for a while. I'm still going to search around for the next week or so on craigslist, amazon, ebay, etc. We'll see what pops up. Thanks for the replies.

Latest posts

Back