Other Paklab Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After making a couple of hundred of the RJSpagnols kits, I tried a couple of the Costco kits on a whim, simply because of the price ($50 special on a malbec and a Kiwi SauvBlanc).

I was disappointed because the resulting wine was very 'thin'. I did not add anything during the process.

If you're going to make one of these kits, I would recommend following the advice of those posting here who add raisins, oak, tannins and kitchen sinks into their primaries!

I agree, adding to these kits make a better result. The instructions do not discuss adding admenities. Having made higher end kits it is simple to know when to add oak, raisin etc. however, at $38 for a 5 gallon batch, I am willing to place the effort. I enjoy saving money on paklab kits and creating a good product.

I've done the paklab Vino Italiano Barolo, and added a shiraz grape pack. It turned out quite nice. I started it in Aug and it is very drinkale now. Should be better in a year.

Latest posts

Back