Paddock Wood kits??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
;)

Methinks your hubby should give it a go...taste mellowed a tad...has the dark chocolate after taste...slightly bitter...like 70% instead of 85%...

ROFL!!

They are in Saskatoon here so I'm a few minutes away!!

Stopped in the other day...full 23L wort in the bag...$45.00!! Just add yeast and bottle in two weeks...

In comparison to Barons...the steps are less...and the wort is more...

I've been making Barons for the past year to my wife's enjoyment...I've finally made the Brown Ale for myself...see how it turns out in a couple of weeks...bottling it this weekend!!

I paid $36.00 for that kit...7.5L wort...add water to top up...

The thing is Paddock Wood makes what they want when they want...and they do have some very distinctive styles...not the norm...should really take a chance!!

36 for Barron's that seems high! There like 25 here at wine sense paddock is about 45 though. I eye them up all the time but haven't been able to justify the price difference... Yet

Ah ya...but that's Saskatchewan...all booze is high LOL!!!

Do you make Baron's?? I've made four of their varieties...3 for my wife (Lager, Pilsner, and Cerveza) and the one for me...she really liked all three...but she's a beer and clam girl so those mix up well :)

I'm a dark beer guy...the Brown Ale wasn't bad...wasn't as heavy as I would have liked...but the Paddock Wood...that turned out very well...meets all my expectations of a Guinness clone!!

At $45.00 for the kit and $10.00 for the yeast...that generated 49x500ml bottles...$1.12 per beer...equate that to a Guinness...4x440ml is $13.49 or $3.37 per beer...I'd much rather make the Paddock Wood kit!!

Baron's regular kits...for my wife...is $32.99...I get the same amount so it works out to .67 cents per 500ml bottle...or in Labatt Lite terms...about .46 cents per 341ml bottle...at the LBS a 12 pack of Lite goes for $25.99 or $2.16 per bottle...really big difference!!!

I'll continue making Baron's for her and start exploring more Paddock Wood for myself :)

Latest posts

Back