Paddock Wood kits??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sideways2

Reaction score
Greetings!!

So...anyone have any comments on the Paddock Wood kits here in Saskatchewan??

I am also interested. My hubby has been eyeing them up since they came in.

Paddock Wood kits again!! Heard great things about them a few years ago (maybe 8 years ago), but living in BC, I couldn't get my hands on one at a reasonable price. I would still like to try one, but now I'm in Ontario.

Steve

ROFL!!

They are in Saskatoon here so I'm a few minutes away!!

Stopped in the other day...full 23L wort in the bag...$45.00!! Just add yeast and bottle in two weeks...

In comparison to Barons...the steps are less...and the wort is more...

I've been making Barons for the past year to my wife's enjoyment...I've finally made the Brown Ale for myself...see how it turns out in a couple of weeks...bottling it this weekend!!

I paid $36.00 for that kit...7.5L wort...add water to top up...

The thing is Paddock Wood makes what they want when they want...and they do have some very distinctive styles...not the norm...should really take a chance!!

Rayway...how much are they there?? Which kit is your hubby looking at doing?? I'm thinking the Toucan Stout for myself!!

Was looking at the Vienna Lager and the Great Northern Gold. He has a Double Oatmeal Stout ready now with the cold weather (from another company). So looking towards spring next year.

I can't remember what the price point was when I was in last...I was too busy reading all the descriptions - and wishing I could still drink beer :)

You bet! I've tried one, and while it's passable as a beer, it has a very strong metallic taste from the sorghum. I'll be keeping my eyes out for kits that have more rice syrup and millet in them in the future.

K...read your posts...thanks!!

Funny though how your hubby didn't have any luck...this summer I did 35 dozen beer (7 kits)...all Barons kits...Lager...Pilsner...Cerveza...all carbonated wonderfully...all by instructions given...yeast provided...all bottled in Grolsch bottles...2 weeks of sitting and off to the fridge...never had one issue...wonder what happened to you?? Maybe Winnipeg weather vs Saskatoon?? ROFL!!! :)

The Brown Ale kit that I just did for myself will be ready to drink at Thanksgiving...from that I'm gonna take the taste features and go to Paddock Wood to grab one of their kits...still assuming I'm gonna grab the Toucan Stout!!

I'll keep you posted on that!!

Toodles!!

Keep us posted! Sounds good - let me know how they taste!!

I totally don't get what happened with his first two batches. The last one (Double Oatmeal Stout) carbonated just fine - but we also added a packet of yeast at bottling.

Well well...apparently my oldest actually listens to me...he showed up yesterday carrying a box of Toucan Stout for my birthday LOL!!!

Running to go get the yeast this morning...gonna go with the London ESB 1968 methinks!! I think that is what PW suggests...

Frickin' YUMMY!!!!!

I sucked the last out of the hose...grabbed a good taste and it was amazing!! As long as it bottles out the same way...I'll be truly happy LOL!!!

:D

IMG_3785.jpg

IMG_3787.jpg

IMG_3788.jpg

BTW...bottled the Stout last Wednesday...49 Grolsch's (500ml bottles) and a half mug left over to chill and taste :)

My wife thought it tasted like cold coffee'ish with a hint of bitterness on the end...perfect...she didn't like it though LOL!!! Guinness here we come!!!!

Oh...and the Baron's Brown Ale...after a month in the bottle...not bad...not great though...would like it a bit more richer and more pronounced as a Brown Ale...color was good...carbonated well...drinks a tad light for me...everyone else enjoyed it though...probably for that same fact!!

Latest posts

Back