Packlab Packlab

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petey

Reaction score
Kit is clear and ready to bottle. Can I rack into bottling bucket then bottle? Instructions warn against o2 and suggest going from carboy to bottles. Are these kits that temperamental ?

That's what I normally do since I add a dose of k-meta before I bottle. I would not be worried about oxygen exposure if you are splashing the wine as you siphon into the bucket.

WI_Wino said:
That's what I normally do since I add a dose of k-meta before I bottle. I would not be worried about oxygen exposure if you are splashing the wine as you siphon into the bucket.

Thank wino, I completely forgot K Meta..duh my first kit and they seem to tell you every step . I'll add 1/8 tsp kmeta into bottling bucket , and bottle

I add extra k-meta since at bottling since I bulk age for several months longer than the instructions say. If you are within the kit timeline and added k-meta per their instructions you may want to hold back or ease up on additional k-meta.

WI_Wino said:
I add extra k-meta since at bottling since I bulk age for several months longer than the instructions say. If you are within the kit timeline and added k-meta per their instructions you may want to hold back or ease up on additional k-meta.

I did add a "stabilizer". According to their directions. I'm sure it wasn't sorbate cause they say to add if I were to back sweeten ,which I won't . So maybe it was kmeta
It was a cheaper kit so I won't be aging it too long, but it taste pretty good,for what it is. Thanks again

petey said:
I did add a "stabilizer". According to their directions. I'm sure it wasn't sorbate cause they say to add if I were to back sweeten ,which I won't . So maybe it was kmeta
It was a cheaper kit so I won't be aging it too long, but it taste pretty good,for what it is. Thanks again

Well I called paklab today..berry helpful. My stabilizing pkg had Kmeta in it so there is no reason to add @ bottling time and since I'm not back sweetening there is no need to add sorbate. So onto bottling my first kit . Thanx

Well I called paklab today..berry helpful. My stabilizing pkg had Kmeta in it so there is no reason to add @ bottling time and since I'm not back sweetening there is no need to add sorbate. So onto bottling my first kit . Thanx

I filter into a fermenting bucket and then bottle right afterwards. It works great.

Latest posts

Back