oxidized(?) Pear wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HMMM, randy, is that your whole name or are you a Ozzy Osbourne fan? You could take that Pear wine and buy some Pear juice and delete that rocket fuel down with the Pear juice. You can get pear juice at a nature food store or even by the can in a grocery store. I made a pear wine using these cans a few years back when i was learning and I didnt really use enough fruit for the pear taste to come through but it actually came out like a nice Chablis.

Ozzy fan :r

I started my pear wine from concentrate 27 days ago. Starting SG 1.118. At 0.98 SG I added sorbate, Meta, and racked for the 3rd time (including rack from primary) . The next day it was AlOT darker . The next day it started loosing all it's smell. Within the next couple days it completely lost it's smell then it slowly came back but not as strong as before. Is it trash now? Did it oxidize since i racked it 3 times in the first month? I've been really good about sterilization and keeping oxygen out(except the excessive racking, It was dropping HUGE amounts of sediment and i felt the need to rack).

Hey well this is said to be illegal in some countries.no idea but may be its very harsh in taste

Last edited:
Back