Over Tweaked Advise

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berry Juice

Berry Juice
Reaction score
Hello All,
In the begining of my learning process, I made several Fontana kits using FPacks from black berries, blue berries, currents. Not knowing exactly how much to use, i think I have over tweaked them.
They have been in the bottle since May and starting to open them to see how they are coming.
Now they are VERY fruit forward semi sweet, no tannins, just kinda flat.
i was wondering if they can be fixed by uncorking them, pouring back into a carboy to add a couple tsp of Rogue Tannins and maybe oak sprials and sit for a few months would help.
Or is it a lost cause.

if they are flat tasting I would take about a 60 ml sample and sprinkle some tartaric acid, similar to salting food, and see if there is any benefit. if so then the wine need an acid adjustment. can be done with a solution of 100ml water and 10ml of acid. take 100ml sample 0f wine add 1ml of solution to first, 2 ml to second , 3ml to third etc. due taste tests. one ml of solution would equal one gram acid per liter in main batch.

OK, That help a lot.
I checked my ph level and it's at 3.5ph
what range should it be at?

I also added 1/4 tsp Rogue tannins as well. I poured 5 1/2 bottles in a 1 gal jug, then added the chems. I also hit it with K-Meta

Latest posts

Back