Over sulfite correction

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just realized I read the directions wrong. Added 1 whole teaspoon to my 2 gallons of crushed grapes last night(along with PE). Apparently this was about 8x as much....

Recommendations? Wait another 24 hours? Will it eventually evaporate out or is it too late?

Just realized I read the directions wrong. Added 1 whole teaspoon to my 2 gallons of crushed grapes last night(along with PE). Apparently this was about 8x as much....

Recommendations? Wait another 24 hours? Will it eventually evaporate out or is it too late?

My advice would be splash rack several times. It will dissipate relatively quickly

My advice would be splash rack several times. It will dissipate relatively quickly

As it sits right now before pitching? If there's not fermentation happining can't I just pour it back and forth so it's much quicker for the same effect or will that harm it some how?

You have to splash rack to get rid of the SO2 BEFORE you pitch the yeast. Otherwise, the SO2 will kill the yeast.

I would splash rack, wait another 24 hours, and then pitch the yeast.

You have to splash rack to get rid of the SO2 BEFORE you pitch the yeast. Otherwise, the SO2 will kill the yeast.

I would splash rack, wait another 24 hours, and then pitch the yeast.

Nothing like reading this right after pitching yeast. Guess if nothing happens I just pitch again.

Latest posts

Back