Our wine press....EXCITED!!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well folks! I'm back! Haven't been around too much as i have been busy in other areas, but now the time is NIGH!!!! its FALL AND THAT MEANS ONE THING..WINE MAKING!!!!
I embarked on collecting all the equipment earlier in this year to be prepared for this very occasion and I am happy to say we finally got our grapes in! We picked up 702 pounds yesterday. fresh off the truck from California at the same place where my papa gets his from. We all went and got what we needed. Now for our production, its very small this year only because most of the money was put into buying the equipment, however, next year...totally different story, 18 crates this year...and and next year will be 32 crates, but this is good for now, these 18 crates will yield 40 gallons, so this is a great start!!!

slideshow time from yesterdays fun! dont be scared by the big ugly monster...that's just me.

right off the truck and popping the tops off...
grapes8.jpg

500 liter fermenting tub fermenting stand and crusher *the hole in the bottom of the tub is for the sigot that we bought to use with it*
grapes6.jpg

press all clean, prepped and ready *and yes everything is clean, will also be using plastic lining in between certain areas...as was heaviily discussed earlier on this thread, lmao*
grapes5.jpg

the bounty
grapes4.jpg

grapes7.jpg

grapes9.jpg

Will be crushing on tomorrow evening, and pressing on Sunday!! Will have more pics and videos coming soon!!! = D

Cheers Everyone!!!!!

Mikael

Grapes look beautiful! Thanks for posting the pics! :br

Enquiring minds want to know what varietals you got as well as where in Cali they were grown (region wise) if you know. Keep us posted, would love to know the numbers (pH and TA) on each and when you get them.

That looks awesome. I am more than a little jealous of all you guys making wine like this. Wonder if the wife left the check book lying around anyplace I could find it???????? :)

PSSSST!!! HEY MILL!!...*whispers* the place i get the grapes from..does in fact take personal checks.....but you didnt hear that from me!!!!! :eek: hahaha!

As promised, pictures!!!!!

Now a LOT more were taken but i took the best ones of all i thought and decided to post them., it was great! without a hitch! nand now for the fun!

getting the crusher set over the 500 liter fermenting tub, we had no porblems at all, very very happy!
DSCN1997.jpg

The little helpers, their job, which they chose to accept, was to bring the crates out as soon as they were emptied, i loved it because its how i started when i was their age. bless their hearts : )
DSCN2002.jpg

First crate ready to go!
DSCN2010.jpg

just keep them a'comin...
DSCN2018.jpg

after a couple crates....
DSCN2036.jpg

look at these happy helpers, thank guys, you both rock! props to Trinity and Joshy!
DSCN2042.jpg

DSCN2059.jpg

the crush is moving ever onwards...
DSCN2086.jpg

future winemaker??? possibly! marveling at the wonders happening!
DSCN2093.jpg

Almost halfway there!
DSCN2099.jpg

My absolute best friend in the world, Aaron. Without him we could NEVER have done this together. Cheers bro, I raise my chalice of blood for you!!!!
DSCN2114.jpg

mwahaha feels coooooooooool....
DSCN2132.jpg

annnnd there we have it, all crushed!!!!....
DSCN2137.jpg

DSCN2140.jpg

DSCN2168.jpg

Now for the fun stuff, cleanup!!!!! I was originally intending the kids to spray the crates down, but they ran off with some other kids, lol...so there we are finishing everything, cleaning the crusher and crates and leftover stuff, but...is it all worth it?????.......
DSCN2179.jpg

DSCN2201.jpg

DSCN2204.jpg

You're daaamn right it is!..CHEERS EVERYONE! from all of us at The Hereaafter Winery.
DSCN2224.jpg

DSCN2225.jpg

DSCN2227.jpg

whats on the horizon??? PRESSING DAY?!?!?!?! :O

YES MORE STUFF STILLL YET TO COME!!!!!!!!!

Cheers everyone!!!!!

Mikael

actually, i take that question back HAHA i see you are in maryland, lol. You have friends or relatives near east burg???

actually, i take that question back HAHA i see you are in maryland, lol. You have friends or relatives near east burg???

I used to live near, in Harleysville, PA, moved to Maryland about 4 years ago.
Spent many many summers and winters in the Pocono's, camping, fishing and Skiing.

Nice Looking Press

In viewing your photos I spotted a nice looking press off in the corner. That should make quick time of your skins when your done with fermentation.

Paul

Back