Other peoples wines

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it was. WE Selection. Steve did not alter anything and my wife and a few others including myself liked it very much. I will make accoding to instructions unless you sugest something different. It has an f pack and I did not add any upfront.

The bottle I had was from someone on the other forum and they made it to the "T" and it was good. I am making the Cellar Craft per insrtuctions.

Sorry I'm a little late chiming in on this but, I did tweak the white merlot that I brought to Julie's. I had a french oak spiral in it for about 6weeks.

hth everybody.

I'm still aging everyones wines. I've been good so far. Going to try to make it to at least the holidays.

I haven't commented on anyone's wines for awhile and I am still drinking everyones and hardly any of mine!

Doug (ffemt) we drank your Tropical Breeze, very good, very smooth and a very nice flavor. Actually I liked it better than my last batch.

Rod (rodo) we had friends over last night and we drank a couple glasses of your Rose (niagara/concord blend) that was also very nice. A little drier than what I think I would have made it but I liked it that way.

And Dan (runningwolf) you know very well I drank a bottle of your raspberry blush on Thursday evening. I did share a couple glasses last night of your Sangria. That is another one that goes down very smooth. Love the taste of that one.

I'm down to just Steve's (wyntheef) pinot noir and that I am saving to drink with a friend who likes dry wines. Mike doesn't. And djrockinsteve's Tropical Breeze. He said to wait until August so we are going to wait until the end of August to try that one.

Rod (rodo) we had friends over last night and we drank a couple glasses of your Rose (niagara/concord blend) that was also very nice. A little drier than what I think I would have made it but I liked it that way.

Glad you enjoyed it.

If I was doing it just for myself I would have made it a bit sweeter but

Jeannie likes a dryer wine than I do. ;)

I haven't commented on anyone's wines for awhile and I am still drinking everyones and hardly any of mine!

Doug (ffemt) we drank your Tropical Breeze, very good, very smooth and a very nice flavor. Actually I liked it better than my last batch.

And Dan (runningwolf) you know very well I drank a bottle of your raspberry blush on Thursday evening. I did share a couple glasses last night of your Sangria. That is another one that goes down very smooth. Love the taste of that one.

I'm down to just Steve's (wyntheef) pinot noir and that I am saving to drink with a friend who likes dry wines. Mike doesn't. And djrockinsteve's Tropical Breeze. He said to wait until August so we are going to wait until the end of August to try that one.

Glad you enjoyed it Julie. It was only fitting isnce you provided the recipe. I'll be making another batch of that this winter. Probably a 6 gallon instead of 1 gallon.

I still have nothing to report on the wines I got at the Western PA Meetup.
They are sitting on my rack aging still.
I was inspired by Julie's Hot Pepper Wine and getting the ingredients together for a 1 gallon batch. Kind of wishing a had another 3 gallon carboy...
Well as soon as I pop a cork, I'll let everyone know.

Shared a bottle of Rodo's blueberry wine tonight with some friends. It was very good with lots of flavor. This is no surprise if you've ever tasted any of his wines.

Rodo, awesome job on the blueberry, what was the sg that you backsweeten to? This was a little dryer than the kit that I had made but it was much better. Nice blueberry flavor that was not overly sweet. Acid level was right on, nice and smooth.

Rodo, awesome job on the blueberry, what was the sg that you backsweeten to? This was a little dryer than the kit that I had made but it was much better. Nice blueberry flavor that was not overly sweet. Acid level was right on, nice and smooth.

Thanks so much, I realize this may get me sent to the proverbial corner but I don't have numbers on the final as bottled wine. I can however tell you how I got there.

The base kit was a Heron Bay Wild Blueberry Blush SG 1.075 to which I added simple syrup to boost the starting SG to 1.09 on 8-23-09
Transferred to secondary on 9-17-09 SG 1.002
racked after clearing on 10-18-09 SG .995 final SG after adding the F-Pak was 1.019 acidity .675
Bottled on 11-7-09
Every time I tried this wine I regretted adding the extra syrup as it tasted hot.
At the same time I was also fermenting Niagara from juice from the 09 harvest which was very acidic, about .9.
Sometime in early April I tried blending the two and came up with about a 60-40 Blueberry-Niagara.

Sorry for the poor record keeping things got very hectic over the winter building my wine making room and cellar and I had used a recipe card taped to the carboy to keep the records on the Niagara. By time it was finished it had gotten wet so many times it was illegible.
I have learned from last years mistakes and have now printed about 15 copies of Tom's wine log.

I'll be sure to bring some Wild Blueberry Blush to Dan's on Saturday.:dg

Jeannie and I went to a party at Runningwolf's yesterday where I tasted dozens of wines from several wine makers. While there were some very good wines there none could compare to the small sampling of Dan's soon to be bottled Ice Wine with chocolate that he honored me with. It was simply superb.:br

I'm glad you liked it. It is one of Jeannie's favorites.

Mango Citrus Recipe?

"...We opened Dan's Mango Citrus, this was excellent..."

Checked the recipe section but didn't see it...

Dan, Oh Dan... any chance you'd share your recipe, pretty please? :i

Mangos are on sale this week... Still got peaches in my primary, but that isn't gonna stop me from getting more stuff!!

Oh my, I'm hooked - that was too easy...

"...We opened Dan's Mango Citrus, this was excellent..."

Checked the recipe section but didn't see it...

Dan, Oh Dan... any chance you'd share your recipe, pretty please? :i

Mangos are on sale this week... Still got peaches in my primary, but that isn't gonna stop me from getting more stuff!!

Oh my, I'm hooked - that was too easy...

Oh ihunkele, you don't know how much I want to tell you how I went to an auction and got the mango's last year and then spent the last year with my secret recipe perfecting it. But sorry, I am not!

What I will tell you though is that I went to my local wine supply store and got a 4 week Island Mist kit called Mango Citrus Symphony and was drinking it in six weeks.

Back