Original Skeeter Pee Recipe

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, so I have my sugar water ready, and I am waiting until after fermentation to add the lemon juice, well I added 1/3 cup with the sugar/water, and I am just sprinkling the yeast, do I still have to wait 24hours?

My patience got the best of me....

I added a bottle of 100% from concentrate juice. The jug says passion fruit, then I read the ingredients. Kiwi/apple/pear/grape/orange/passion fruit/pineapple/lemon and kiwi with peach/ guava /apple and mango purée. Also added about 1/4 of the 32oz lemon juice. Stirred that a bit and then pitched ec111 yeast. My SG is 1.065

I am just realizing, i've added too much water to begin with, and now I don't have much room left in my fermenter for the lemon juice to add eventually.... geez..
Now the waiting begins!!

Last edited:
Hey guys, so I have my sugar water ready, and I am waiting until after fermentation to add the lemon juice, well I added 1/3 cup with the sugar/water, and I am just sprinkling the yeast, do I still have to wait 24hours?

My patience got the best of me....

I added a bottle of 100% from concentrate juice. The jug says passion fruit, then I read the ingredients. Kiwi/apple/pear/grape/orange/passion fruit/pineapple/lemon and kiwi with peach/ guava /apple and mango purée. Also added about 1/4 of the 32oz lemon juice. Stirred that a bit and then pitched ec111 yeast. My SG is 1.065

I am just realizing, i've added too much water to begin with, and now I don't have much room left in my fermenter for the lemon juice to add eventually.... geez..
Now the waiting begins!!

Are you making skeeter pee or dragon's blood?

Hi. How is your SKeeter Pee doing? How much are you making?

I have a batch in secondary right now. lol

Hey:)
It is going well. Still lots of foaming everyday, 4th day in primary. I have 6 gallons:) I am looking forward to my first skeeter pee!! How many batches have you made so far? Are you making original?

Hey:)
It is going well. Still lots of foaming everyday, 4th day in primary. I have 6 gallons:) I am looking forward to my first skeeter pee!! How many batches have you made so far? Are you making original?

Lots! lol. Watch this stuff especially if it's warm, first time I drank it I was sitting on my front porch, somehow I fell off the back one. It will sneak up on you. As far as flavors go add them after it ferments, after you stabilize, add them when you add sugar, to suit your taste, around the same S.G., or take the slurry from a batch you made before, you're just throwing in a little flavor, color, etc.
Have fun take notes .lol.
Sometimes I forget, or just can't remember. Lol.
Check out Joeswine have fun. (cheaper kits) ...Do it like joe...
If in doubt just holler.

Lots! lol. Watch this stuff especially if it's warm, first time I drank it I was sitting on my front porch, somehow I fell off the back one. It will sneak up on you. As far as flavors go add them after it ferments, after you stabilize, add them when you add sugar, to suit your taste, around the same S.G., or take the slurry from a batch you made before, you're just throwing in a little flavor, color, etc.
Have fun take notes .lol.
Sometimes I forget, or just can't remember. Lol.
Check out Joeswine have fun. (cheaper kits) ...Do it like joe...
If in doubt just holler.

Oh my gosh! lol. Sorry but sounds hilarious... I will keep that in mind!

Thanks for the tips!!

Update:

Day 12 of fermentation- my SG is 1.020. I had added the yeast energizer and nutrient, along with a bottle of Lemon juice on day 8.
Slowly moving, but going for sure. When I checked it today, it was foaming quite a bit, nice white foam.

what yeast did you use and what is your ferment temp?
I've only had one batch of SP take that long to ferment, and it used a slurry from a kit I had just done (Coconut Fratta?SP)

what yeast did you use and what is your ferment temp?
I've only had one batch of SP take that long to ferment, and it used a slurry from a kit I had just done (Coconut Fratta?SP)

I used ec1118.my temp is 75f. I'm not sure why so long either but its is now.998. I want to wait it out to get a little lower before racking.

I used ec1118.my temp is 75f. I'm not sure why so long either but its is now.998. I want to wait it out to get a little lower before racking.

Hello. Mine is slowly finishing too. We actually started around the same time.

I'm thinking mine usually takes this long, when I do it at this time of year. In the summer it finishes a little faster. Last summer I had a couple of kits and a fruit wine starting at the same time, pitched the yeast and they finished at 0.992 5 days latter.(still in primary). My temps are 73 to 75deg now. I'm going to check sg. today.

I'm thinking mine usually takes this long, when I do it at this time of year. In the summer it finishes a little faster. Last summer I had a couple of kits and a fruit wine starting at the same time, pitched the yeast and they finished at 0.992 5 days latter.(still in primary). My temps are 73 to 75deg now. I'm going to check sg. today.

I can definetley see how it would go much faster with the warmer weather!

My SG last night was .994, so I racked to secondary:) I have degassed, and added clearing agents etc.

Now more waiting, I might have to get a batch of dragon blood going....:)

I can definetley see how it would go much faster with the warmer weather!

My SG last night was .994, so I racked to secondary:) I have degassed, and added clearing agents etc.

Now more waiting, I might have to get a batch of dragon blood going....:)

Lol. I am going to start the dragon blood too, within a couple of days. Sounds like an awesome drink, everyone seems to enjoy it.

Hey guys!
I started my skeeter pee on Feb 6. Tonight I racked again, added the rest of the lemon juice and back sweetened.

The original recipe says the let it sit for another 2 weeks, but I tried it, and man it is GOOD!!
I only added 3cups of sugar to my batch, I don't like really sweet drinks. It is perfect.
Now I need to make more! I can tell it won't last long. I am so happy with this recipe!!

How did you make out with yours Dave?

Latest posts

Back