Other Orchard Breezin Pinot Noir Black Cherry

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammyk

Reaction score
Orchard Breezin Pinot Noir Black Cherry Has anyone made this kit? If so would you share your thoughts, good or bad?

I am considering making it but am wondering on the taste and if anyone bumped up the sugar?

I don't know much about these kits, but I am also interested in knowing if these are a step up in quality from the Cornucopia kits. I want to make some good early drinkers for the Mrs. to keep her out of the stuff that is aging. Got to keep everyone happy, you know?

I did look at the instructions and the expected starting SG is between 1.050 and 1.060. So that's about 8% PA. I personally would bump that up a bit, but it depends on what you like/want. If I am not mistaken, that is a 8 liter kit?

ETA: Fine Vine Wines states it is a 7 liter kit. http://www.finevinewines.com/XPListDet2.asp?MM_PartNumber=14870

Last edited:
This is a fairly sweet kit. When I first took it home the flavor reminded me of a cherry cough syrup. I left it for months and then tried a bottle it turned out very good. It is one of my favorites in this series. I did not play with the sugars just made it according to instructions.

I did not make this kit but I did make the Green Apple Gewurztraminer and it turned out great. It is an early drinker but after a year it was even better. I bumped up the ABV with putting a portion of the f-pack in the primary and also adding some sugar. Bumped the starting SG to 1.078. Using the f-pack up front also cuts down on the sweetness which I didn't want in mine.

I have not made this kit but I have it on deck. I have made the peach chard and it is very sweet but gets better with a little age.
My non wine drinking friends love it:h
I also bumped the ABV by making a simple syrup 4lbs. and my SG increased to 1.080. If you do this don't boil the water, it drives the 02 out and the yeast need it.

Sammy, I don't know what you have in mind and you can certainly finish these kits anyway you want, but I did notice on George's site that this kit has a sweetness rating of 9. That's pretty sweet. Also, FYI, the Mosti Mondiale Summer Breeze kits look like they have a sweetness rating of 5, for comparison. I have no idea how these numbers are determined. One would think they are based on the final SG.

If you do this kit I will certainly like to hear what you think!

It is one of my favorites and everyone that samples it is impressed. I have made 3 and will continue to make this one. It is simple,tastes great, and is not rocket fuel.

Ohiyo Does it taste like Black Cherry? We just opened the Kiwi Melon we bottled a few weeks ago and we liked it a lot. I did bump up the SG by adding 4 pounds of sugar to the primary.

My Peach/Chard isn't rocket fuel, but I was told the ABV needed to be about 10% as preservative. I would appreciate you telling us how it taste;)

The black cherry is very present. It has a smooth flavor similar to concord with the black cherry highlight. My sg is fairly sweet, about 1.01 but the grape is still there. Not very good at describing but I know I like it .

Orchard Breezin Pinot Noir Black Cherry Has anyone made this kit? If so would you share your thoughts, good or bad?

I am considering making it but am wondering on the taste and if anyone bumped up the sugar?

I’ve made this kit and it went fast. Everyone loves it! I’m down to just a few bottles so I ordered more!

I put 4 lbs of sugar in the primary as simple syrup and I added 1/2 the F pack. The sweetness is just right for us and it still has a great cherry taste.

Latest posts

Back