WineXpert "Orchard Breezin"-Peach Chardonay

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maui Joe

Reaction score
Started this wine kit yesterday about mid-day. Pitched the yeast, and rechecked later in the evening where it was noted that the yeast was developing nicely.

The basehas avery intense "peach aroma" and I did taste a drop or two and was quite pleasing. I will update occasionally on this product.

That kit sounds good and gives the impression it could help cool a body on a hot day.

I would think so...Well, I checked it this am.,...First time I have ever seen a yeast rise like this. Reminded me of when you first pour apancake batteronto the grill as it forms up prior to bubbling, it peaks in the center tapering to the entire rim of the primary. Got some fast multiplying going on! (Outside temp.74-inside temp-77)

I had my big spoon in my hand and I figured that I better check with old "Spag" first. Got a quick e-mail response and they said "Cheers, all is well, the conditions are perfect and the yeast is happy"....I said allrightie then, but I find this somewhat unusual...they said, "No worries." So...O'kay then...
smiley36.gif
so I'll let him rip!

I'll check again later this evening to see if it either erupted or broken up.

CW, you ever experience something like this described?Edited by: Maui Joe

Yep. I always stir it in good after it takes off good like that, whether or not it forms a cap. If the entire top of the must is covered, it can't get O2.

Restriction of O2 is a very good point . I thought about it prior to checking again since Ialways stir and always punch down a cap...what's the difference...we want O2 present and punching down the cap keeping the fruit and bag wet eliminating the cap from drying and inviting bacterial growth.

Rechecking I noticed that the cap had dissipated and the yeast was working hard. (Did I stir anyway...you bet.)
smiley36.gif

Back