RJ Spagnols Orchard Breezin Blueberry Shiraz

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I transfered the wine to the carboy I added all the necessary packets so I already stabilized everything and added the sulfites...I added it in the order the directions stated exactly.

The little spot was when I opened it in the primary bucket before I siphoned it into the carboy...like I said it was not larger then half a dime and the rest of the top of wine was clear...

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff, I'm still not sure if this was a substance floating in the wine or if the spot was on the underside of the lid. Anyway, what I would do (and I am quite new at winemaking, also) is to proceed with your instructions and hope this is not something that will come back to haunt you. My gut feeling is that you are going to be fine.
HB

The top of the lid was just condensation and clear, everything looked fine so I am probably just over thinking it, but as my first kit I have been tracking everything in an attempt to make sure if there is an error I know how to fix it next time....

It was floating on the top and was little white specs together that formed no larger an area then a 1/2 a dime.

Thanks for all the info already,
Jeff

Super! I was afraid it may be a mold colony or some type of bacteria, but I am thrilled it was only condensation. Looks like you are good to go.
HB

Just bottled mine last week. Used the gravity filter on it and it really sparkles and is tasty!
You're going to enoy this wine when it's ready to drink in a few months.

Latest posts

Back