orange pulp and pectic enzymes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya, that's what I used (1118.) But I think you've misunderstood what I posted (I probably wasn't clear enough.) It had been bubbling very steady for the last 5 days.. fermentation was going very well but I wasn't sure how long I should keep it in the primary stage so I siphoned it off into another bottle today despite the airlock giving a good blub every 1 second.

I thought it would continue going strong after being transferred but now it's just sitting there not doing much. I poured out two glasses worth and it tastes pretty good.. the alcohol level is on par with a very strong beer but much too sweet.

Thats looking pretty good Tall, keeep on keeping on. Keep us posted.
Troy
:d

Woah.. maybe I was overreacting a little bit. Just walked over with a flashlight in the dark and could see the bubbling has started again! :h Took this picture but there wasn't enough light to get a frame fast enough without the bubbling blurring ;)

3552143917_92c841aa99.jpg

I C now. Looks like you just needed patience.

Its funny how different wines react differently, sometimes you eack a wine during fermentation and it makes it go crazy then sometimes like this it seems to die for a die then get back up and kick ***!

Think I learned something this week about that wine I'm making from strawberry Fruitopia. It's been bubbling non-stop.. pretty steady, not overwhelming but for ten days the hydrometer seemed to be stuck at 1.030, just wouldn't budge even though the airlock was blubbing every 1 second.

So yesterday I poured in two teaspoons of yeast nutrient and it's already moved up to 1.020.. maybe it just needed that little extra kick to get moving. The smell and taste are really nice.. it's a fruity sort of drink.

Back