Orange Cider Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bladeofthemoon

Drunken God
Reaction score
Hi all,

i have finally found time to peel the oranges and take the skin off and mash it up with my hands and then added some raisins to it ( cause a recipe i saw on the net said it was a fine idea.) i havent added the enzymes yet to adjust the acidity but that i will do tomorrow... i hope that wont make a diff, well not too much anyways.

so here's to hoping my 3rd wine is better than the last 2 :)

Enzymes to ajust acidity? Enzymes will break down the fruit and the pectin they contain, they will not adjust your acidity! You will either have to raise the acidity using an added acid or lower it using something like Potassium Carbonate.

hehe evidently i used the wrong word. :p i meant acid NOT enzymes. :p sry hehe

oh i DO have a prob though.. the thing is, its been almost 24 hours and i cannot see any fermentation. i mean, there isnt any foam or bubbling on the surface of the orange must. though when i stirred the must, there was some foam which came up but after a few mins, its again just orange... no white.. any idea if that is rite?? y dont i try taking a pic to help get opinions. :)

Latest posts

Back