Opinion on which kit for a beginner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keqwow

Junior
Reaction score
I am considering getting started with a kit from Fine Vine Wines (The Wine Maker's Toy Store). I was wondering about the options on either the Beginner Package for $130.49 or the Deluxe Package for $193.49. Is the Deluxe package worth the $60 difference? Are either of these packages good quality to start with? Is there anything missing that I should consider adding to the package, or something that I should replace in the package with something else of better quality to make getting started much easier? I appreciate the input. Rick

Go with the Delux one. All the extra equipment + more than the price difference. You will need all of them anyway. With the beginer package it will be harder to clean, dry, keep and sanitize.
Call George there he's a great guy and will not lead you astray.
Keep us posted

I agree with Tom, get everything you can afford. I buy all of my stuff from George. He will not steer you wrong. He loves it when you call. He will hold your hand and is great on not selling you stuff you don't need. WHen I started he had 3 levels of kits. I got the biggest one. The only item I didn't use out of it was the jet spray device that you can hook to a faucet to blast wash bottles and carboys. I still have it though and as soon as my brewery is done it will be installed on a dedicated faucet there for cleaning.

I 3rd it. In about 1 year or less you ill be putting most of the stuff you did buy in a drawer and trading up to the stuff you didnt get and paying all over again.

Back