oops sp 1.136

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlthmsn

Junior
Reaction score
SG not SP ( I don't know how to change the heading, I'm new to the forum)...anyways....Soooo....I accidentally added too much sugar to my wine. I made a simple syrup to add to my home grown frozen strawberries and when double with water should have been 1.100....but when I measured it it was about half that so I put more sugar (kind of haphazardly). Apparently it wasn't mixed up good enough when I took my first reading and well....now I have a wine mash 4 days later with a reading of 1.136. I am a pretty precise person and should have trusted my initial calculation but I didn't. it is fermenting, but slowly. I can't remember if I used my champagne yeast in it or my white wine yeast. Curious what others would do. I could let it go and distill it....but that's a different forum ;)

Last edited:
Thank you, That is what I was thinking I should do. I do have acid so that's not a problem to adjust ph again. I guess it will just have to be a little on the "light" side.

Latest posts

Back