Ooma!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anybody else an Ooma fan?

Picked up the Ooma box from Amazon last month as a Gold Box deal. Got a temporary number in order to try it out for a month before porting the land line over. Number port happened today. Sound quality is great, was paying ~$100 a month for 6MB DSL and a landline that was constantly ringing with scam artist, telemarketers and the like. The "do not call" list is a joke these days. No more spam, scams, telemarketers with Ooma.

Love that they can send an email Voice Mail as an MP3 so you can get your voicemail from anywhere. Unlimited long distance.

Cost?

Free. Only pay $4 a month in taxes and 911 service fee.

I bundled my Internet and Phone with Dish since I already used them for SAT TV, then after that was all set I ported the number from them and dumped the phone but keeping the Internet. Doubled my Internet speed (12MB) over the old DSL provider and still saving $20 on the internet price and $45 on the phone.

Total bill for phone and internet is now $45 combined instead of $100. And the Internet is still being provided by the same service provider, the bill is just now being bundled with the SAT TV bill. :sm

Last edited:
Ooma has been rated the number one phone service provider for several years now by Consumer Reports.

Screen Shot 2015-10-30 at 5.07.37 PM.png

Mike

We have OOMA for at least 4 years now and still loving it !!

All national calls are free and it does work with 911 and you get to keep your original phone #

When I call international it cost very little - per minute. I believe I put 10 dollars on my account and I still have a lot of minutes left as I call Canada quite a bite to talk to customers.

I highly recommend it !!

I love the product so far. We got a smoking deal on Amazon. Got the box plus a wifi adapter for $89. I was worried about it not working if I was downloading a large file so I downloaded a movie and it was maxing out my bandwidth. I tried a call from the Ooma box to my cell phone and no issues whatsoever. No lagtime, no echo, just worked perfect. Then I tried the reverse, called from cell phone to Ooma phone and same results, no lagtime, no echo just a crystal clear phone call.

So happy to get rid of the scammers, spammers and telemarketers! :sm

I used to have Vonage and looked at Ooma but end up buying Obi100 and been using with my Google virtual number. Only paid like $45 for the little Obi box and that's it.

Free calling everywhere in the US and no monthly fee, not even a penny.... [emoji3]

It doesn't get better than that..!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back