One of my better purchases for my hobby

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WinoOutWest

Reaction score
Works great - no sanitizing required. Easy to check as often as I want. Used it to adjust my filtered tap water temp coming out of the tap when I need to add.... tons of uses for this little tool.

Use code EMCYTZT1216 @ checkout to get it for $19.99 delivered.
On sale for 24 hours.

http://goo.gl/838aP

96-268-001-02.jpg

O yes, I have one of them, and its great. Fast, I use it for alot of things other then wine making.

Can you use it to get the temp of wine in a carboy?

Richard L.

Richard yes you can. The actual temp of the glass on the outside of the carboy and the wine will be off by about 2* which makes sense. The cool thing is when you're using a brew belt is checking the temp of the carboy from the bottom to the top. You'll quickly understand why we say where you place the brew belt does make a difference.

Lazer temp guns are great I use them all the time at work, draw back "Shiny Objects" will give you a bad reading. Glass, copper pipe, etc do not always trust what u read.

Thanks for the tip Jim. That is what I found with the carboys reading a degree or two different then the wine. Of course that would happen with the ambient temperature's effect on it. With wine I am more then happy with that tolerance.

Stupid question

So you just point the thermometer at what you want to measure the temp of and push the trigger and it displays on a screen?

Latest posts

Back