One for the books...maybe?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Philosopher

Amateur
Reaction score
Speaking of loosing one's mind...
I started some raspberry yesterday. I had just under 1/2 gal of pure juice, and the SG tested at 1.034. I topped it off to a gallon, and the reading went down to 1.012 (duh!). I then started adding dissolved sugar until I got up to SG 1.092 (a little high, I know). I added a packet of Premier Cuvee.
So today, 24 hrs later, I checked the SG and it's up to 1.102!!!
So what's up with THAT????

Guessing it wasn't mixed thoroughly when you took the initial.....you got some rocket fuel on your hands Dear Boy.

Well....maybe it will exhaust the yeast at about 1.012 like the other batch, and I won't need to back sweeten. :re

Do you have anymore juice? You could double down and split your initial batch into two and add juice/sugar/water to bring the SG down to better levels. I find high alcohol wines less enjoyable to drink. I'd rather drink twice as much of good tasting wine.

Do you have anymore juice? You could double down and split your initial batch into two and add juice/sugar/water to bring the SG down to better levels. I find high alcohol wines less enjoyable to drink. I'd rather drink twice as much of good tasting wine.
The only person I'm catering to is SWMBO. As long as she likes it, she keeps telling me to make more wine! :D
We'll see what this one does as it progresses. My last peach stopped at 1.011 all on its own. All my wines so far have run between 9% and 12% abv. The last store bought stuff I had was 12%.

Aw, there isn't a thing wrong with an occasional taste of rocket fuel..
I enjoy going on a space trip now and then.

Aw, there isn't a thing wrong with an occasional taste of rocket fuel..
I enjoy going on a space trip now and then.
Yep rocket furl.
I would get more fruit quick. Unless SWMBO likes high %

Latest posts

Back