On the sidelines during Winemaking season is HELL.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey AJ, I've not been as regular as I used to be either, as you know the construction industry is a bear right now and work has been killing me. I'm still making wine though but cutting back a little this year. My 700+ bottle cooler is full and that's not even considering the 2021s still in bulk.

Sorry things haven't been going well and hope they are getting better. I'll give you a call or shoot you a text.

Oh, as fun as it was the Poconos meet up was too much work to try organizing it again.
Well you’ve already done way more than most would be willing to do. Between that and the backdoor “fell off a truck don’t ask me any questions“ barrel operation — I’d say you’ve done plenty!

And about the work, I feel ya. It got hairy for a little while for me as well. Tho I just started to pick up. Currently lining up some jobs that just might carry me thru the winter - fingers crossed. I got in good with a new contact. Just finished one for them as a sub. Starting another as sorta a co/GC to do the carpentry and run the job. And about to line up another where they now aren’t even looking at other bids. So that’s nice. All 3 have been fires. Buildings burnt up that get mostly gutted and reframed. All Residential. It’s not no fancy pants new winery with a cave cellar or anything 😁—But it’s work. Rough framing thru to the finish work. I’ll take that every time! 👍

pressing by mid September eh? fruit flies would be pleased if that was Over here! Just remember —- EASY ON THE OAK!!! don’t go ruining any more wine k? 😉
Yes it was strange. Picked August 30. Normally we pick this vineyard at least 2 weeks later. I have solved the oak problem long ago. Only some of the 2018 was affected and none since.

And not 1 fruit fly today. Seriously. Just not a thing.

Yes it was strange. Picked August 30. Normally we pick this vineyard at least 2 weeks later. I have solved the oak problem long ago. Only some of the 2018 was affected and none since.

And not 1 fruit fly today. Seriously. Just not a thing.
Yea yea yea. Beautiful California. No fruit flies. Low humidity. Cool nights. Towering Redwoods out back. Rolling hills of grape vines out front. Sitting above actual gold in them thar hills. write a poem about it why don’t ya!

Just be careful during all that perfection that a Sasquatch isn’t scavanging for food due to forest fires and stealing your dog during a blackout! And no air conditioning after 4pm OR ELSE!

And I’m just teasing about the oak. I know that the “overoaked” wine (primitivo was it?) eventually mellowed and became quite enjoyable.

Yea yea yea. Beautiful California. (check) No fruit flies.(check) Low humidity.(check) Cool nights(check). Towering Redwoods out back. (check, How did you know this? I have a grove of 80 footers in the back yard!) Rolling hills of grape vines out front.(Unfortunately no) Sitting above actual gold in them thar hills.(check, and true enough. Placer mining operations all around the American RIver just behind my house!) write a poem about it why don’t ya!

I'll work on a Haiku for you AJ. Just come and visit and I'll show you around. But I'll warn you at 110 degrees, it may be a dry heat, but it's also a hot heat! But it is going to be 66F tonight so there's hope!

Also, my wife drank all the Rose, so we'll need another year to make the swap!

Latest posts

Back