RJ Spagnols older wine kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JakeSnow

Reaction score
There is an Italian Super Tuscan and Valpolicella Cellar Classic Winery Series at my local brew shop with the code: 20090521D.
Do you guys think that this kit is too old? I have always wondered what the shelf life is for the wine skin grape pack and the actual juice concentrate. Maybe it's already bulk aged for me! I'm sure the yeast expiration is more important. Anyone want to provide their two cents?

There is an Italian Super Tuscan and Valpolicella Cellar Classic Winery Series at my local brew shop with the code: 20090521D.
Do you guys think that this kit is too old? I have always wondered what the shelf life is for the wine skin grape pack and the actual juice concentrate. Maybe it's already bulk aged for me! I'm sure the yeast expiration is more important. Anyone want to provide their two cents?

It was made April 21 2009 which is over 1 1/2 years old. If they give it to you at a big discount and gaurentte it do it otherwise pass on it. I would also replace the yeast. If you open it and it smells or is brown its bad.

OK thanks. I had a gut feeling to pass on it. I don't think they have a high turn over on wine kits. Mostly beer. I'll ask them to order some other ones. I've made only WinExpert so I'm eager to try RJSpangols.

Actually May 21, 2009, but a month less doesn't change Tom's good advice.

Back