old wine need imput

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joseph

Joseph
Reaction score
Greetings
i have some old wine thati wanted to save i just botteled it
with out doing anything ! should i pull the corks or 2 leave it alonright at 28 years old.
Joseph

Greetings
i have some old wine thati wanted to save i just botteled it
with out doing anything ! should i pull the corks or 2 leave it alonright at 28 years old.
Joseph

Hi Joseph,

What did you mean when you said "you just bottled it"?

If it's that old, perhaps you can try and enjoy it now? Wines don't really improve that much (I think) over the years. Yeast have a time frame of when they stop fermenting.

Simon

old wine

greetings
winesecrets
i ment i had some old wine, that i was worred about, it was in a carboy for along time So i bottled it right away, i was new to making wine i did not add any suphites to it before bottled it so should i pull corks ,and sulphite.or leave it alone
best joseph.

greetings
winesecrets
i ment i had some old wine, that i was worred about, it was in a carboy for along time So i bottled it right away, i was new to making wine i did not add any suphites to it before bottled it so should i pull corks ,and sulphite.or leave it alone
best joseph.

Hi Joseph,

Your situation here is quite tricky. It is not always true that wines do well with age. And since you found it in a carboy, you have to take into consideration how it was stored all those 28 years. Was it stored in a controlled condition, away from the sunlight with the right temperature? Has it already been racked? is the wine clear? What kind of wine is it? You'd be lucky if you end up with a cooking wine. Luckier even if you can still drink it. I guess for now, you can take a small sip and see for yourself how it turned up.

Best,
Simon

Latest posts

Back