OK I surrender

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmadmikes1

smart @$$
Reaction score
I have made a couple of kits over the years but for most part have tried to stay away because of some false belief it was not really winemaking. I give. the only way I will ever get the wine collection and diversity I want is to use kits. Waiting for the grape and juice wholesaler in Canada to come up with a new one is slow. Only some many Washington wines are allowed. And no one here is growing Malbec. I want Malbec next. Who has a suggestion for a great kit. If I am going this route then I want to be REAL GOOD

Mike,

Alot of the more senior members in here have a great deal of qualified knowledge on kits. I won't even get into that conversation. I know they will be happy to share what they know with you.

But, on the other side of the coin, making wine from fruits and berries, and as you have seen, almost anything else, shouldn't intimidate you.

Mostly fresh fruit etc sits in a fermet bag. The rest of the wine making scenario is pretty much the same.

I always say, wait till you get a fruit on sale, pop back in, and we'll see if we can help you make something out of it.

Troy
:b

Dont know what is available to you there but the RJ Spagnols Winery Series and Cru Select are both excellent Chilean Malbecs.

If you can wait till April thats when the Chilean juices will be here. Is there anyone near you that gets fresh juices? I usually make 12 gallons of Chilean Juice each year.

Ya the wholesaler in Canada got me Chilean Merlot last year.He got me my 12 gallons of Barolo this year. I am really just getting impatient. Arctic, fruit isn't intimidating at all. I did a few this year and use to make fruits years ago. I just dont really like fruit wines so the only ones I make are requested. This year I made Lime,apple,strawberry, blackberry and Plum. My Mom want loganberry and apricot next year. Tom I like the juice idea, and BTW I live right across the border from Winexpert and A real good friend lives 2 blocks from Vineco in St Catherine. I am also good friend of the local HBS owner,but he doesnt carry wine kits. He will order anything I ask. Everything is available if you include the internet

Last edited:
I R lucky to live so close.
this year I was luckey as I got fresh apricots for my wine. Still aging so we will see..

luckier to live with driving range of Yakima Valley. Tried to get my cousin to grow less onions and plant 5 acres of grapes. No luck there

Didnt buy a kit. Went to Moms and robbed her freezer on 25 LBS of strawberries. Went to local bee keeper and got 20 lbs of honey. I have something to Ferment Glory days are here again

Back