Oh Julie bring your recipe for the strawberry breeze

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I decided to go ahead and backsweeten today. I had mixed up some sugar syrup a few days ago and couldn't remember how much sugar I had used, so I had to go about this one the hard way, add some, mix, measure, and try, add some, mix, measure, and try. Finally at a SG reading of 1.010 I stopped and considered it good. Put it all back in the 3 gallon carboy and put it back on the shelf to age and finish any clearing that it might do.
I like this wine but it is a very light bodied wine, which isn't always a bad thing but I would love to see what it does next time with a bananna added and done with 4 cans per gallon instead of the 3 I used this time.

Thanks Julie for a good recipe.

i'm looking to do a strawberry next. i could either use frozen fruit, or this...any other thoughts on adding body? i've never done the banana/banana soup trick. i added white grape concentrate to my peach to help with the body. and when backsweetening, has anyone used additional summer breeze concentrate for a ready made fpac?

I would recommend making it 4 cans to the gallon and either adding raisens, your white grape concentrate, or a banana or two for some body. That is unless you like a lighter body wine with plenty of flavor, then I would just do the 4 cans per gallon.

Thats just my opinion.

I would recommend making it 4 cans to the gallon and either adding raisens, your white grape concentrate, or a banana or two for some body. That is unless you like a lighter body wine with plenty of flavor, then I would just do the 4 cans per gallon.

Thats just my opinion.

i do like lighter, fruitier wines, but i'm also learning and teaching my palate, lol. i didn't think about the raisins! that might be the trick. i may do some searching on the banana soup info. i will let u know which way i go!

racked the strawberry breeze today. i didn't do either, bananas or raisins. thought i'd give it a chance on it's own merit and then go from there. if it's too light and i'll do something different next time. smells and taste great so far!

hey this one fermented down pretty quick? Waiting for it to clear. How long typically till this is drinkable Allie? I haven't snuck a taste yet.

Pretty early, I was drinking 6 months after I started it.

My batch is fermenting along nicely, GFS had the bags on sale. It is drinkable in @ 6 months but I bet it won't last long. It's very good.

i'm 3 months in and some people were clamboring for some, so i bottled 4 bottles off the top and racked the rest into 3 one gallon containers. i found the sediment to be VERY light and fluffy...is this something everyone else has encountered? i think it still smells a little yeasty, too?

Latest posts

Back