Oaking Sangiovese wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep your eyes open. Although there are plenty of presses available, getting a good one at a bargain means being in the right place at the right time. Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace are good places to start. Sometimes word of mouth is fruitful. No pun. I picked up a #45 for $250 just by chatting with a winemaker and mentioning that I was looking for a basket press. The baskets are fiberglass but it works great. I have a smaller one with wood baskets that I got for $100.

Interesting. How does FB marketplace work? All I seem to see the few times I have gone on are junk cars.. Is there a way to filter for what interests me? No idea why FB might imagine I am in any market for a car... I live about half a mile from the college where I work and about the same distance from our supermarket...

I haven't used FB marketplace in a while, so the interface may have (probably did) change. In FB, locate the marketplace link or button and click it. When I did it, over a year ago, I was able to filter for my interests, and I believe it defaulted to my local area. IIRC, the interface was not exactly intuitive, so it took some messing around.

Latest posts

Back