WineXpert Oak sachets

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chorpal

Junior
Reaction score
Hi everyone, as you'll probably see I'm a newbie to the forum, I made country wines for a few years but unfortunately during divorce (over 10 years ago) I lost all my kit, the good news is I've now replaced all my equipment and decided to give a kit a go, being into a good full bodied red wine I've bought a Winexpert Diablo Rojo, the quandary that I have is when I've opened it there are 3 sachets Premium Oak and Oak Toasted which are granular and Oak French Heavy which are chips all 30g the instructions say to add oak chips or granular oak at the primary fermentation stage, so my question is (and please forgive me if it seems really silly) do I add the lot or choose a particular one?

Read all the instructions, carefully, if you haven't already. They may have you add some oak at a later stage. I do believe many have made this kit so you could search the name of the wine and find the answer. Or, if you can rename his thread, those who have made thiscwinevmight catch it. Good luck!

Usually, in kits all granular and chips wood products are added at the start of fermentation. Cubes get added after fermentation has completed.
I'm just not sure if I should add them all or if I'm supposed to choose, instructions are a little vague?

Latest posts

Back