NY grape harvest video

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Catawba? Concord? Do people use these grapes to make wine? Do people drink wines made from those grapes? I mean do they drink those wine voluntarily? Sorry, but those berries are an acquired taste... and I have never acquired that taste.

It's a beautiful area for sure, and they have a great annual wine festival that I sadly haven't attended in many years. Finger Lakes Riesling is still my favorite of that varietal even when put up against German examples.

Interesting to see the machine harvesting after watching a bunch of YouTube videos from Italy, Spain, etc. showing grapes being harvested lovingly, and painstakingly, by hand. Not exactly the same level of romance in NY but it clearly gets the job done!

And here I was picking by hand on Friday… boy do I feel foolish 😂

I’d like to see the internal workings of that machine. I’m curious how it operates. I wonder how much vine damage you get.

Catawba? Concord? Do people use these grapes to make wine? Do people drink wines made from those grapes? I mean do they drink those wine voluntarily? Sorry, but those berries are an acquired taste... and I have never acquired that taste.

You should read the accompanying text. :)

And here I was picking by hand on Friday… boy do I feel foolish 😂

I’d like to see the internal workings of that machine. I’m curious how it operates. I wonder how much vine damage you get.

Latest posts

Back