Numbers Cab Sauv/Franc

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By all means, when you eventually add MLB (if you are doing an MLF) and eventually eventually Kmeta, I always remove a few liters of the wine because you will get a volcano when you add about anything to a young wine full of CO2. Then I add back the few liters after the intense fizzing abates.

What I do in those situations is remove a cup or so of wine into a 4 cup measuring cup. I add the 'stuff' (whatever it is at that time) to the measuring cup and dissolve it in there. Then pour into the carboy.

By all means, when you eventually add MLB (if you are doing an MLF) and eventually eventually Kmeta, I always remove a few liters of the wine because you will get a volcano when you add about anything to a young wine full of CO2. Then I add back the few liters after the intense fizzing abates.

This is good to know. I was close to the volcano scenario when I was degassing my strawberry wine. I guess some things naturally just come from experience

What I do in those situations is remove a cup or so of wine into a 4 cup measuring cup. I add the 'stuff' (whatever it is at that time) to the measuring cup and dissolve it in there. Then pour into the carboy.

This shall be added into my process sheet :h

Back