Nubie from VA

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jags

Taste tester
Reaction score
I must have been really good this year. For xmas I got a Vintners Best equipment kit and a Cellar Classic Cab-Merlot kit. I wanted to start with some kits to see if I like the process before diving in and planting vines. Me and swmbo enjoy touring wineries and last year filled our Virginia wine passports with 42 stamps.

I’ve picked up a bunch of tips and tricks from reading forums for a couple of months and feel more confident for it. Thanks to Smurfe, I already know, “spoon bad, Mix-Stir good”. I’ll be picking up one of these before starting.

Sounds good Jags. Welcome to the world of winemaking.

Steve

Welcome aboard. Look forward to hearing about your experience. If you are a wine lover, I am sure you will be buying tons of equipment. I have not bought a commercial bottle of wine in close to a year and have around 400 bottles in my "cellar". And yes, Spoon Bad. All I can say is try to degass a kit with the spoon. It can be done but you will be wanting to call a paramedic when you are done and I am retired. :D

Smurfe :)

Latest posts

Back