NPR Wine Tasting Engages the Brain

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, it is certainly no surprise that we use our brains to interpret what we perceive, however I wasn't expecting wine tasting to be more engaging than listening to music.

"..the brain creates flavor the same way it creates color."

There is a winery nearby (that produces some pretty good wines, by the way) that 'pairs' their wine with music. They have tastings where they will present the same wine with different pieces of music, and study the changes in perception. It's pretty fascinating.

"..the brain creates flavor the same way it creates color."

There is a winery nearby (that produces some pretty good wines, by the way) that 'pairs' their wine with music. They have tastings where they will present the same wine with different pieces of music, and study the changes in perception. It's pretty fascinating.

Wow, so are ya saying maybe I should quit listening to Metallica with my chardonnay?

This logic could be extended to anything.

Beer, burger or bacon tasting would also fall under that umbrella.

I sometimes wish NPR would engage their own brains, and I'll just leave it at that. Yes, I am a member, that buys me the right to gripe!

Latest posts

Back