Quantcast

Now, get rid of those nasty sulfites in wine!

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

bkisel

Reaction score
A solution looking for a problem or are sulfites a real issue for some wine drinkers?

dcbrown73

Clueless Winemaker
Reaction score
Sulfites do affect some people. (headaches and stuff) So far, it doesn't bother me. Though my first wine has sorbate in it. hah It doesn't say it will remove sorbate haha. Damn you!

dcbrown73

Clueless Winemaker
Reaction score
$100!!?? You've got to be kidding me! :?
heh when there isn't a lot of demand, you have to charge a lot to be able to recoup development and production costs.

Look at amateur radio. (HAM radio) The HF radios can be stupid expensive. (some over $5-7k) High end laptops are cheap in comparison to some and the laptops are far more advanced. The problem is, 1,000s of radios are sold annually vs millions of laptops.

jswordy

Wonderful WINO
Reaction score
If you drink vintages older than 1987 or so, then you stand an 80% chance of drinking wine that may have been filtered through asbestos fiber filters. But you can get the sulfites out! :D

dcbrown73

Clueless Winemaker
Reaction score
If you drink vintages older than 1987 or so, then you stand an 80% chance of drinking wine that may have been filtered through asbestos fiber filters. But you can get the sulfites out! :D
aCk! :sh

Hmm, maybe I shall not drink anymore older wines. Most are too expensive anyhow. Though I said the same thing in the past about many of the wines I drink today!

grapeman

Administrator
WMT Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Sulfites do affect some people. (headaches and stuff) So far, it doesn't bother me. Though my first wine has sorbate in it. hah It doesn't say it will remove sorbate haha. Damn you!
This is a misconception spread through the years. In almost all cases the sulfites do not cause the headaches and congestion, it is histamines in the wine. Since red wines contain more histamines than whites more people are affected by reds than whites.

DiscoStu

Reaction score
There's more sulfites in fast-food French fries then a bottle of wine.

I just read that link. There's worse things then French fries.

Last edited: