Not sure if I'm a moron or genius

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dralarms

Overboard as usual
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since buying the allinonewinepump.com my biggest peeve has been buckets sticking together, this morning while prying them apart again, I thought about all those sherbert bowls my wife has saved for me. So I tossed one into each bucket, and stacked them back up again. The bowls hold them just off each other enough so they don't stick together. :db:db:db:db:db:db:db

Thanks Julie. It just hit me. Like using a section of pool noodle to take up extra space in the rack I use to hold my bottles when bottling.

I'm not sure I understand the issue. What does this have to do with buying your AI1?

Another stupid idea I had.

I'm always making big batches (use 20 gallon brute) and never use the mesh bags. It always takes me forever to strain off the liquid using anot her bucket and strainer bag.

Today I took an old peanut butter plastic jar and drilled a bunch of holes in it, then 1 in the bottom for the racking cane, into the brute and got 6 + gallons out before I had to strain the rest. Got another 2.5 gallons after straining.

I know I could use a bag when I put it in there but was always afraid it won't all get used.

Another stupid idea I had.

I'm always making big batches (use 20 gallon brute) and never use the mesh bags. It always takes me forever to strain off the liquid using anot her bucket and strainer bag.

Today I took an old peanut butter plastic jar and drilled a bunch of holes in it, then 1 in the bottom for the racking cane, into the brute and got 6 + gallons out before I had to strain the rest. Got another 2.5 gallons after straining.

I know I could use a bag when I put it in there but was always afraid it won't all get used.

That is a genius idea, wish i thought about that when racking off the oak chips outta my genache.

That is a genius idea, wish i thought about that when racking off the oak chips outta my genache.

Not genius but I am one lazy person. So I try to make things easier on me. Even installed a hoist in my wine shop to lift carboys, a side benefit of that is I can wire strap my nylon bag to it to hold it off the bottom of the bucket so it drains and I'm not racking up the bottom of the bag when racking.

Since buying the allinonewinepump.com my biggest peeve has been buckets sticking together, this morning while prying them apart again, I thought about all those sherbert bowls my wife has saved for me. So I tossed one into each bucket, and stacked them back up again. The bowls hold them just off each other enough so they don't stick together. :db:db:db:db:db:db:db

a CBE solution....crude, but effective. a favorite around our house!

Latest posts

Back