Norton/Cynthiana grapes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

franc1969

Reaction score
Where do I look to buy these Norton vines next spring? Double A Nursery said out, didn't know about when they might have them. Isons was the only other place I found with Norton available. I don’t know many other nurseries for grapes.

I know these vines did not make it in shipping, mold on the roots. The blackberry I am going to attempt to baby, they still seem alive. The muscadines probably not, but baby them anyway so I don't cry. USPS 2-day became 25-day. I suppose that's not as bad as the 2-day became 10-day I recently got. Don't have the slightest idea why Isons thinks they should ship that way, won't try again unless I know they've done better.

Where do I look to buy these Norton vines next spring? Double A Nursery said out, didn't know about when they might have them. Isons was the only other place I found with Norton available. I don’t know many other nurseries for grapes.

I know these vines did not make it in shipping, mold on the roots. The blackberry I am going to attempt to baby, they still seem alive. The muscadines probably not, but baby them anyway so I don't cry. USPS 2-day became 25-day. I suppose that's not as bad as the 2-day became 10-day I recently got. Don't have the slightest idea why Isons thinks they should ship that way, won't try again unless I know they've done better.
If you’re looking for next spring then Double A should have them available to order in a couple months. I think they usually start taking orders in July for the following spring - did you ask them?

If you’re looking for next spring then Double A should have them available to order in a couple months. I think they usually start taking orders in July for the following spring - did you ask them?
I'm going to try Double A again, but they didn't have any for 2021. That is why I am looking now, I know I want them.

Crazy they didn’t have them for all of 2021. I haven’t used these guys but they say they still have 350 in stock and will ship until June 1: Cynthiana Grape Plant | Wine Grape Vines For Sale.
When I did speak to Double A, they said ehst they had of Norton sold out quickly. So I must have missed them, I'm ordering early for 2022. I forgot Pense had them, I think I wrote them off for minimum quantity requirements on my other plants. Anyway, shipping & planting is way too late for this year. I am babying too many things already to do grapes this late.

Latest posts

Back