Northeast Blizzard

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masta

Reaction score
Looks like we are in for quite a mess tonight and into tomorrow

with Blizzard Warnings posted for our area....8-15 inches of snow and winds up to 60 mph.
smiley18.gif

it was 1-2 for us, now its 4-8.....gotta fire up the greenhouses so they dont collapse

Gee and I'm complaining about our highs in the 60s, yep I'm a Floridian and that is cold! Hope everyone stays safe and warm.
VC

Stay warm. Here in Texas, the wife wants to light up the fireplace if the temps get in the 40's.

speaking of ".............. deep in the heart of Texas!"

when i went down there last summer to watch our son play ball i very much enjoyed the 7th inning stretch in Houston....after God Bless America we got to sing that 'deep in the heart of texas song'..it was a fun experience

I'm expecting around 18" today. Already had snow blower working

and people blame Canada for winter storms. There's no snow here ATM. We haven't even had half an inch total yet. Although the forecast is calling for about 5" on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. That figures cause I have some driving to do. But forecasts are usually VERY unreliable.

Steve

gettin windy here now, got about 12" on the ground and more still comin down, last prediction was 18" to 24"

Hmmmm
Currently sitting in a hotel room just outside of Boston. Calling for 4-8 inches by AM and 8-12 by noon sunday. Maybe I will get stranded in the hotel and not be able to get to plant for work in the AM and be able to get some sleep.

Between Lancaster and Philly bit closer to Philly and little more south of it.

got about a foot or so now, not steppin out again till the AM, then we fire up the blower and away it goes
smiley4.gif

I'm in NJ just on the other side of philly on the Delaware.

Just outside Washington, DC and we have 24 inches of snow. It has finally stopped snowing. With all this bad weather, I had time to rack two wines, clear and stabilize my CC Old Vines Zinfandel and remove labels from 30 bottles.

Lucky for me, my neighbor has a great snow blower which he used to remove the snow from my driveway and sidewalk.

Plan to bottle my RJ Spagnols En Primeur Chardonnay tomorrow. Let it snow, just more time to play in my winery.

Robert

Well here in NJ I got 25" of snow and huge snow drifts

Joan said:
Robert, I hope you pay your neighbor with some of your wine! =)

I did take care of my neighbor with bottles of RJ Spagnols Orange Chocolate Port and Limited Relase Argentine Trio. My wife also baked a loaf of bread which we gave to my hard working neighbor.

Robert

Latest posts

Back