North Georgia Vineyard Partner Needed

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farwindsfarm

Junior
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I am the managing partner of Far Winds Farm located in Dahlonega, GA. North Georgia winery/vineyard scene is exploding right now.

Our farm is in an ideal location to benefit from this emerging market. We are located within five miles of several very successful vineyards.

Our farm is 550 Acres of some of the most beautiful and sceneic property in North Ga. we have lakes, rivers, long range mountain views, and open pastures. The most unique feature of the property is a functioning hydro-electric power plant located on the river. This plant can generate up to 250 kW/hour. Thats the equivilent of around 30-40 homes. With this plant I think we could create a truly "green" product....this would be a first of its kind wine that would have a competitive advantage over the competition.

This property is a non-working "gentlemans farm". I've had extension officers and professors from the University of Georgia and University of Tennessee visit the property and both said the highest and best use of the property would be a vineyard given its location and natural beauty.

We have no debt on the property but my partners have become frustrated with the stagnet asset. I've been charged to find a business to utlize the existing assets.

What I'm looking for is an experienced, knowledgeable, honest and hard working individual to consider a working partnership in a new venture.

I know NOTHING about growing grapes or the wine business. I am an experienced businessman with the ability to learn quickly.

Just wondering what you all think and if anyone would be interesed in exploring this opportunity.

Thanks,

James

Fall 2010 036.jpg

photo.jpg

DSC_0073.JPG

Are you still looking for someone? I have a friend with a lot of business experience and he just finished setting up a vineyard from scratch a few years ago in Southern California. I'd be glad to put you in touch with him.

Latest posts

Back