Noob to Wild Wines. :)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JenJuhasz

Junior
Reaction score
Hello all! This is technically my 3rd post - I've been asking questions in the fruit-wine making section (which I'm totally glad I did!).

I'm a city gal who moved to the semi-country (read - beyond the burbs but not totally into the mountains) and bought a 2.5 acre spread, complete with chickens. We're 15 minutes from the nearest gas station and 25 minutes from any place you could buy beer/wine or food at. So - my goal moving out here was to learn how to diy on things we enjoy that are expensive...more so now with the cost of gas.

Since I was born with a black thumb when it comes to gardening, I'm starting out with learning to make the other fun things while I learn how to keep green things alive in smaller quantities. Baking is my go-to hobby, but with the amount of plums and blackberries I get each year I figured I should work on some wine-fun.

My plum wine is currently cooking away. Found a used carboy yesterday, so I'll start a batch of apple cider today, hopefully, and go from there!

Cheers, Salud, Sliante everyone!

Latest posts

Back