Other Noblesse test on kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tnuscan

Tnuscan=Tennesseean
Reaction score
Ok,... some may remember that I have this smell/taste issue with kits. Maybe it's my body chemistry, who knows. lol. After studying Nobleese, I thought I would give this a try. I know kits aren't supposed to be added to, but I pulled a gallon so I could do a test to see if it would remove the smell/taste issue.

After adding 1g/gal., I waited 40 days, racked and filtered. The wine seemed a little softer, but the smell/taste was still present, however each time I drink this wine I have major heartburn. :(

I am satisfied the smell/taste issue is a by product of a salt, left behind after the process of making a kit. I have wondered if it may be Potassium malate. Still working on it, for now , this is my assumption.

Thought @Boatboy24 might find this interesting, although this is a kit, my hopes are it would give good rewards on juice buckets or wine from grapes.

I've noticed very slight improvement in a little over a month. Second dose was added this past weekend, per instructions.

Sure was hoping these would take a turn for the better. I know I've learned alot from your thread, and your posts, along with many others.

Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back